The Cyclops 390L is a dedicated high precision, portable infrared thermometer, designed for accurate measurement in gas or oil fired furnaces, in the temperature range 450 to 1400°C.
The unique features of the Cyclops 390L portable infrared thermometer make it the ideal instrument for accurate non contact temperature measurements in hydrocarbon-fuelled furnaces. Operating at a 3.9μm (a transmissive waveband), for hot targets, water vapour and CO2 are invisible.
Reformer Tubes are very expensive, periodic refractory checks can identify potential failure.
Where measurement errors due to hotter background are a problem, errors can be minimized using the Cyclops 390L FurnacePro.
Cyclops 390L Features
- Non-contact measurement technology – No contamination, interference or damage to process or material
- High accuracy measurement and repeat-ability – Confidence in the measurement for process control and quality control applications
- Long term drift-free measurement – Long term confidence in the measurement
- Narrow, square 180:1 field of view – Optimum shape to measure reformer tubes or on slabs, billets etc on reheat furnaces
- On-board data storage of up to 9999 measurement points Data & Time stamp, plus 4 ‘routes’ of up to 99 readings per route – High capacity measurement storage
- Bluetooth® or USB Connector for data download / upload – Two convenient methods available, no hanging cables with Bluetooth®
- Unique Route mode – allowing capture and storage of measurement data repeatedly at set locations around your plant. Four predefined routes (sets of location IDs and emissivities) Each route can contain up to 99 location IDs and emissivities) Note: Requires optional data logger software to activate this feature
- A new protection cover – increases the robustness of every model in the range
- A new lens protector – maintains the optics in good condition
- High Measurement Resolution – 5 digit display – measured temperature resolved to 0.1°C/ 1°F
- Single handed operation, contact free measurement – Excellent ergonomics, Better Safety in hazardous environments
- Calibrated and traceable to National Standards – Your guarantee of measurement accuracy
- Four Measurement modes – Continuous, Average, Peak and Valley – Measurement to exactly meet your own specific requirements
- Innovative ‘notched’ spectral filter – Eliminates the effects of atmospheric water vapour
Data Output Modes of the Cyclops 390L
Single mode: logs a measurement for each trigger release
Latch mode: logs continuous, average, peak and valley readings from the first trigger release until the second
Burst mode: logs a stream of measurements whilst the trigger is held pressed – approximately 30 readings / sec, up to a maximum of 999 readings per burst.
Route mode: This mode is ideal for users who need to take a number of readings on a regular tour of their plant or process. The pre-loaded locations help to guide the user along each route
Cyclops L serie
The Land Cyclops L family of high quality portable non-contact thermometers provides precision spot temperature measurement with unmatched accuracy and reliability, for a wide range of industrial applications. Features include precise view of target spot with simultaneous digital display of temperature in the viewfinder, choice of operating and calculating modes, digital output and out of range alarms, Bluetooth® serial communications and optional data logger software on Mobile Phone, PC/Laptop/Tablet.digital output and out of range alarms, Bluetooth® serial communications and optional data logger software on Mobile Phone or PC/Laptop.
The Cyclops 390L provides both a USB port and convenient Bluetooth® wireless technology. The measured temperature is displayed in four simultaneous modes: continuous, peak, average and valley. Accurate sighting is ensured by the clear, wide angle (9°) field of view and small, clearly defined (1/3°) square measurement area. Focusing is variable from 1m to infinity. The operating waveband (3.9µm) has been carefully chosen as a narrow spectral response centered at 3.9µm eliminates errors caused by absorption/emission bands present in combustion gases
Cyclops 390L Specifications
|Measurement range:||450 to 1400°C (Operating)|
|Indication:||5-digit LCD in viewfinder; external backlit LCD display|
|Measuring modes:||Continuous, Average, Peak, Valley|
|Data Storage:||Internal storage of up to 9999 readings, including date & time stamp.
Also 4 ‘routes’ of up to 99 readings per route
|Data logging modes:||Classic, Historical, Burst and Route|
|Optical System:||9° field of view; 1/3° measurement area (180:1 to 98% energy)
eyepiece adjustable -3.75 to +2.5 diopters
|Focusing Range:||1m to infinity 450 to 620mm|
|Target Size:||4.8mm square at 101.4 cm from thermometer body datum|
|Spectral response:||3.9µm nominal with advanced spectral filtering|
|Emissivity adjustment:||0.10 to 1.20 in 0.01 step graduations|
|Response time:||<500ms to 98%|
|Display update time:||0.5s|
|Accuracy:||<0.5% C/F of reading|
|Operating temp. range:||0 to 50 °C|
|Output:||Bluetooth® or USB|
Typical applications for the Cyclops 390L Furnace Pro
Steel Applications – Stock temperatures in the preheat and heating zones of reheat furnaces.
Petrochem Applications – Tube temperatures in tube furnaces (pyrolysis, reformer, cracking)