The Land Cyclops Logger Software allows you to connect a Land Cyclops Portable thermometer to a personal computer or mobile device and view, analyse and record live temperature readings.
When connected to a Cyclops thermometer, the Logger software records instantaneous temperature measurements each time the thermometer trigger is pressed.
The Cyclops Logger Software also allows you to:
- load stored data from any Cyclops;
- Manage the unique ROUTE configurations i.e. set up a sequence of measurement points covering your plant or process.
Connection between the Cyclops L model thermometers and the computer can be either wireless (via Bluetooth®), or via a USB cable.
Connecting the existing Cyclops B thermometer models and the PC running the new Logger software is via wireless (Bluetooth®) only.
Cyclops Logger Compatibility Table B and L models
NOTE: Live data capture from Cyclops B Models is possible with the optional mobile phone (running the new Cyclops Logger software) via Bluetooth communications.
Installing the Cyclops Logger Software
The Cyclops Logger Software is supplied on CD.
Insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive on your computer.
- If your system supports Autorun, the Setup program will start automatically.
- If your system does not support Autorun, select the CD-ROM drive and root directory, then double-click on Setupto start installation.
Licensing your Cyclops Logger Software
When you first install the Cyclops Logger Software it is provided with a 30-day trial license. After the 30-day trial period has expired, you will still be able to use the Logger Software, but you will not be able to save any data.
When AMETEK Land supply the Cyclops Logger Software, you will receive an Activation Code. This activation code is used to license the software.
Instructions on how to license your Cyclops Logger software are provided on the accompanying CD and in the Cyclops Logger Software User Guide (Publication No. 809653).
Benefits of the new Cyclops Logger Software
- New Cyclops Logger Software – works on PC, Tablet and Mobile
- Unique Route Management Mode – Ideal tool for plants with multiple locations, which you need to monitor on a regular basis. This includes pre-configured location settings for emissivity and window correction – no requirement to change Cyclops at each location.
- Record Live Temperature measurements – store, view and analyse later using the Cyclops logger software.
- Choice of Measurement modes – Instantaneous, Peak, Valley, Average plus Meltmaster on 055 B and new L model
- Choice of three Display modes – Current Reading, Table View (a list of readings taken) and Trend View (displays a colour-coded trend line for each type of measurement taken i.e. Peak, Instantaneous etc.)
To install and use the Cyclops Logger Software, here are the minimum platform requirements:
- Processor : Dual Core Pentium or Equivalent
- Memory : 2GB
- Hard Drive : 250MB
- Optical Drive : DVD/CD
- Graphics Card : 256MB or Greater
- Network : 10/100 Ethernet Card
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, .NET Framework 4.0
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 32 bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32 bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32 & 64 bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 32 & 64 bit